The ultimate MMO review Destination

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Perfect World

So as I kick the first review I was curious what to review.  There are so many amazing MMO's out it was almost hard to choose, but finally I decided to pick something that I always frequently saw on the top mmo lists, Perfect World!

This ain't no Perfect World
This anime style MMO has is seen as one of the most popular games on the ftp market for the past couple years. They just came out with a new content update which added 2 new classes into the game a Seeker (Warrior/Mage) and a Mistic (Elemental Mage).  The game download was not that bad, even with my fairly old computer it took about and hour and a half to be fully downloaded and patched.  On the loading screen they showed some really beautiful landscape drawings that psyched me up for the game play.


Sims 4?  Oh wait, no, Perfect World...
As I began to pick out my class I was surprised at all the options, 10 classes total with 5 races. One downside was all the classes are race locked and each race has a different starting area.  Even a few classes were gender locked which was disappointing because I never like to play as a different gender, but once I got past that I hit character creating which blew me away. I was a Blademaster, your basic warrior, and the amount of creation I could put into my character was stunning!  The Sims could not live up to what perfect world can allow us to do, it was really nice to be able to customize the sizes of my earlobes along with having a purple mustache with blonde highlights. After finally tweaking every last bit of my guy I was ready to head off into world!

Where in the Perfect World Am I?
So once I land into the starting zone it was nice to see other people.  Even though this an older game many people are still making new characters. It is nice to feel like your actually in an mmo and not in an uncharted forest.  The graphics itself were great.  Even with my average computer I was able to be turned onto medium and even then the textures and details look great.  The starting quests were helpful in teaching newcomer what to do however, once I got to the chat menu things seemed a but off.  Each type of chat had a different bar but it didn't actually say the name, it just had a weird symbol.  I eventually figured out how it worked but it is something you need to get use to.  Another problem was the map, when I opened it, it showed the whole world and I had no idea where I actually was.  Turns out you have to use this magnifying glass on tool on the map to actually figure out where you are. One of the best parts of the game was the double jump, with it you are capable of getting to anywhere in the game, (on top of buildings, in tress) you are completely limitless.


Questing Questing Questing
All quests are basic, go kill/collect x or go find x, and the more you level the farther you are running away to get them and its after all that running that you realize how having such a massive world may not be to good.  By level 13 I would get a quest and dread having to do it just simply because the distance running to get their will take longer then what you actually have to do.  However, the fact is that these quests our everywhere and I realize that no matter what MMO you go to they are always going to be their because there is simply no other way to level.  Another issue is leveling, I got to 22 before I stopped and man did it take quite a long time. Questing helps a lot in leveling but once you hit about 10 things drastically slow down. I can't even imagine how long it takes a person when they are trying to level in the 80's or 90's.

Crafting to the Max
The crafting system is very well done and from what I witness is a great tool to have.  You can take five different types of paths but you're not just stuck with 1, ooh no they have allowed you to be a professional at everything.  I went the lazy route and just picked one which allowed me to make weapons.  What I really enjoyed about it was when ever I was running from one quest to another I would mine any rocks around the trail and each time you mine it gives you experience which is very helpful in leveling.

Be who you want to be
One of my favorite aspects of the game was not only the wide variety of classes but also the ability to customize stat points.  Every level gained you are rewarded with 5 stat points that you can put into what ever stats you want like vitality or strength or magic.  There are no restrictions to what a class wears as long as you stat them to meet the armors/weapons requirements you can be anything.  From a heavy armor cleric to a light armored Barbarian anything is possible.  I feel this is another great way for a character to be unique, and not have to follow all of it class rules.


Verdict
Perfect world has a few flaws to it like an awkward chat system and repetitive questing but there are to many good things to not consider playing it.  The atmosphere itself it very lively and cheerful, when I play I felt very connected to the game.  The people are great and always helpful, plus the graphics were beautiful and would work perfectly fine on any computer. Along with that it has a great crafting system and a superb sound track.  If you are into anime style games then this is defiantly something worth considering! Check out the games website at http://www.pwi.perfectworld.com/ I hope my first review helps, if you have any questions please comment or email me at TheMMOer@gmail.com and of course happy questing!



No comments:

Post a Comment